Most of the time, interviewers ask you questions such as “Tell me about yourself” while having your resume in front of them!
So do you think they want you to tell them what is written there?
They already know!
They ask you to see how you define yourself, how you communicate & how confident you are.
If you answer perfectly you will be able to manage your interview the way you desire!
Here are some tips:
- Do not ask them “what do you want to know”? This means you do not know what to say!
- Do not take more than two minutes answering each question! They will not listen to you for long therefore you have to keep the answer brief and right to the point.
- No need to detail every position you had. Take your time before the interview and summarize each position in short lines.
- Talk about the skills & experience that match their job description and why you are excited to have this job.
- No need to talk about personal life unless it is related to your career.
In short, connect the dots for them and let them see you are what they are looking for. "Confidence is preparation; everything else is out of your control".
Don't you agree?